Everyday, we are learning more about COVID-19 and its impact on our country as well as globally. At Lily Lee, MD we are committed to the health and safety of our patients and are ensuring we take all possible precautions during this pandemic as directed by the CDC, as well as additional measures to protect you and our team against the virus:
All equipment and surfaces that are used, touched, or otherwise come into contact with staff/patients during any treatment are deep cleaned between each patient to ensure a safe and sterile environment.
Masks/face coverings are required upon entry. Any patient without a mask will be provided one at their appointment. Masks need to cover BOTH the mouth and the nose for proper protection.
- Family members accompanying patients are asked to wait outside the office.
- Do not bring in any outside food or beverages.
Our medical and administrative staff follows strict hand hygiene protocol to protect themselves as well as our patients.
There will be no scheduled appointment overlaps in order to reduce the possibility of transmission between patients. Please arrive on time to ensure that these gaps are honored.
- No waiting in the lobby or waiting room. Once you check in, if we cannot take you right away, we will kindly ask you to wait in the comfort of your car until we are ready for you.
- We have disposed of all magazines and reading material except for New Beauty magazine; all patients are welcome to take a fresh, untouched copy home with them as they leave.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have a fever, your appointment will be rescheduled. Patients will be asked to review COVID-19 questionnaire before check-in.
- Any staff member displaying any symptoms related to the common cold, flu or COVID-19 is required to stay home.
- We have HEPA filters placed in each room where masks must be removed and are scheduling space in between each of these patients for room to be fumigated with Lysol.
- All patients will have their temperatures checked upon entry. Anyone with a fever will be rescheduled.
To protect our patients and staff, we do request that if you’re feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms, please call our office to reschedule your appointment for your protection and for others. By following these simple precautions, we are sure to get through this time of uncertainty together.
Your team at Lily Lee, MD